Currently accepting applications for:
Princess performer look-alikes of all ethnicities with year-round, flexible availability
BIPOC Princess Performers including: Familia Princess and her family/Scepter Princess (fluent in Spanish), Island Princess, Sapphire Princess, Warrior Princess (Asian), Guardian Princess (Asian), Lily Pad Princess (Black)
Performers of all genders and ethnicities for superhero characters
BIPOC Storytime Narrators
Love working with kids, spreading smiles, performing, and creating magic? Apply to join the Occasions with Character cast and bring favorite children’s storybook characters to life with us at storytimes, meet-and-greets, and family events.
Be sure to check out our Prospective Cast FAQ!
In particular, we encourage male performers and BIPOC performers to apply.
To apply please submit the following, or email your answers, resume, and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will let you know if we would like to schedule an audition/interview.
Please note the cast expectations below and make sure they are a fit for you. OwC performers are expected to:
- Be over age 18
- Pass a background check and be fully vaccinated against COVID
- Attend trainings/orientation and study your characters in-depth
- Remove wedding rings, jewelry and piercings, nail polish, and all other non-character elements, and any tattoos must be covered by the costume
- Respond to availability queries promptly and prioritize calendar reliably
- Work in non-character roles such as character attendants in addition to character roles
- Expect varying gig-based payment; there are also volunteer opportunities. As independent contractor performers, cast who make more than $600 in a year will be issued tax documents
- Have reliable transportation to our East Metro bases and to events