Safety and Professionalism
Choose our professional character performers for safety and liability at your next event!
Our character performers are ALWAYS accompanied by a professional Magic Maker Character Attendant
- They make your event a breeze, providing easy communication with busy characters, expert line management, and extra-special moments for your guests (they are called Magic Makers for a reason!
- Magic Makers also help the character stay in-character (no character should have to shout the five-minute warning or cut off a line!) and they keep characters looking their best, watching for fabric that isn’t sitting right, arranging skirts photogenically, etc.
- Very importantly, Magic Makers protect you (and us!) against liability claims, since no performer is ever alone with your event guests—so important when working with children!
- They’re so helpful, event hosts may wind up loving the our Magic Makers as much as the characters!
Pandemic Safety Protocols
The safety of our guests, hosts, and cast is our top priority!
You can rest easy knowing our professional performers and attendants will not let interactions get out of hand. Our characters are trained in safety and liability. For example, you’ll never catch them:
- Alone with your event attendees, particularly children (another reason we always have attendants!)
- Forcing a child into an interaction
- Picking up children
- Play-fighting with guests or each other (outside of a choreographed program)
These are all safety rules that are ingrained in professional character performers, but inexperienced pop-up companies or volunteer performers may not be thinking this level of professionalism and taking safety and liability into account as the absolute top priority. We work with professionals like you–and we know safety is your top priority too!
Professional performers are responsible, reliable, and in-character.
You may find that cosplayers, costumed volunteers, and pop-up character companies may or may not show up when invited to an event, and you may not know it until the last minute. With OwC you always have a contract, invoice, and constant communication, even in the case of last-minute performer emergencies. Cosplayers and volunteers are busy people, they have other things going on—but at OwC, your event is our full-time business, and you’ll find the service matches accordingly.
Slightly chagrined that your volunteer performers because of the viral, out-of-character, and possibly not family-friendly TikTok they made that features your event sign? With Occasions with Character that is never a worry—our performers highly value character integrity, respect your event, and you’ll never see their phones out.
Work with our professional character performers and be assured your event is the safest and best experience it can be!
“The princesses are delightfully entertaining with their authentic costumes and friendly smiles.”
-Marilyn Laulainen, Waconia ECFE
“Occasions with Character offered library visitors a magical performance with lots of audience participation for even the youngest. The actors posed for photographs and stayed in character until the last child left the room.”
-Angela Petrie, Stillwater Public Library
“The Occasions with Character performers were all amazing, and the way that they interact with the children is superb! The interactive storytime was great for promoting literacy and a perfect additional program to draw people to the library.”
-Carol Plocher, Library Services Coordinator, Great River Regional Library-Delano
“The program itself was an elegant touch of fantasy for the whole audience, and the interaction with the audience was priceless.”
-Mary Davis, Youth Services, Hudson Area Public Library
“I can not thank Occasions with Character enough for surprising my daughter on her birthday at lunch! Not every little girl can say that she had her favorite princess/heroine dance with her, read a story with her and sing happy birthday to her. She was in awe the entire time. As her mom it almost brought me to tears seeing how mesmerized she was… She still talks about her. Thank you for making my daughter feel so special and lucky on her birthday. She will remember this for years to come.”
– Rochelle Ladick, parent
“Occasions With Character presented the Midnight Ball Princess (Lost Slipper Storytime) at our Storytime and it was a great hit! The performers remained in character from the moment they entered and the costumes were wonderful. The audience was enchanted and everyone had a great time!”
– Janet Waller, Community Business Development Manager, Barnes & Noble HarMar Mall